put some new pieces on my Society6! with Free worldwide shipping today!
finally finished the mandala tattoo I’ve been working on for about a month! for broshutitdown~
HAWKEYE WAS SO FUN TO DRAW OMFG bless u angela hope like itttt (even tho u were sitting behind me the entire time)
hey guys!!!! if anyone still wants to give me those color pallete challenges, I’ve reblogged a few more than the original so don’t forget to specify which you’d like! thank you!!!
I wanted to make one of those color palette memes with my favorite color schemes.
13. Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- I think its mostly personal things I enjoy drawing, but if I’m interested in what someone asks me to draw, its waaay easier and fun to draw for other people. but sometimes I get really nervous that what I draw won’t be what the commissioner wanted or expected of me and they won’t like it and that makes me put things off and i really wanna try and have more confidence where that won’t happen!
29. For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- I generally start with a light but finished sketch. I wanna plan everything out so I don’t waste any time doing something that won’t help or work out in the end product. so I finish a sketch and then generally transfer it to the final medium I’m working in!
30. What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
- Other artists!!!! I see sooo many artists on here, in museums, everywhere and I see how much work they do, whether its commissions or even the vast amount of personal work they do and artists like that make me want to get better and they make me inspired to work harder for what I want (:
I kept seeing that palette meme going around, but wasn’t particularly fond of all the super-high-saturation or low-value ranges. For anyone that wants to try something a little different, here you go.
Have fun, everyone!
I’m doing this tonight! I’ll also be doing a livestream in about 20 minutes and working on some things.
Here are the rules: Send me an ask with a character OR a theme and a number. I’ll pick the ones that inspire me! :)
2. How long have you been drawing?
- since elementary school! I went to a small catholic school with 50 kids in each grade so i was the art kid (: I would draw stuff for the other kids in 2nd grade for like a quarter
5. What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- the ladies, fashion, flowers, bones, body horror stuff~
6. What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- its annoying to draw architecture and cars and stuff. backgrounds can be tricky too
9. How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- on average, I only draw a few times a week. its getting pretty bad and I really want to draw more often. but for right now I draw at least 3 times a week
15. How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- well it depends on the piece! sometimes things take 5 hours and them sometimes I do pieces over the span of like 3 weeks, working on it every once in a while
16. Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- I think i drew more in high school tbh, i doodled on nearly everything. I don’t draw as much daily as I should and i really wanna get back in the habit!
18. What are you currently trying to improve on?
- trying to find my own style and my digital painting skills! i’ve been doodling in sai and i feel more comfortable with its blending than photoshop! Definitely try out new ways of working and new programs when ur aggravated with your artwork, because its often that u just aren’t experimenting enough!! trying new things can lead to awesome growth in your own art ((:
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?